Search & Rescue volunteers recognized at recent First Responder Gala
Oliver/ Osoyoos Search & Rescue volunteers will receive a cheque for $1477.00 from the recent
Annual First Responder Gala 2020 hosted by the Rotary Club of Osoyoos. This cheque is the first donation that will be applied towards a much-needed Truck & Trailer Station, soon to begin construction.
The president of the Rotary Club of Osoyoos, Cheryle King, will be presenting a cheque to
members of Oliver Osoyoos Search & Rescue. There will also be a sneak peak of what the new
Truck/ Trailer Station will look like, once built.
This station will substantially increase our response time capability by up to one hour, to Oliver/
Osoyoos and area residents. Trucks, trailers and equipment can be securely stored and loaded
and ready to go for emergencies in any weather or temperature. Every second counts when it
comes to survival and best outcomes.
• OOSAR is run by 100% volunteer efforts and we provide search and rescue services in
response to emergency and disaster situations.
• Last year our 25 members put in over 6500 hours of their own time, outside of their jobs
• Operational funding is applied for annually to the RDOS, BCSARA, BC Government
Gaming Grants, other grants, as well as donations
• Our service area is a large portion of the RDOS, focusing on the communities of Osoyoos
and Oliver as well as some outlying areas. Assistance is provided to other jurisdictions
• When required, OOSAR provides search and rescue services on ground, water, ice, and
mountain/avalanche, as well as first aid and assistance during civil e