Tuesday Meeting of Area C – Area Planning Commission
Recommendation: THAT the RDOS “authorize” the application for a “non-adhering residential use – additional residence for farm use” at 5526 Primrose Lane (Lot 148, Plan KAP1728, District Lot 2450S, SDYD) in Electoral Area “C” to proceed to the Agricultural Land Commission; AND THAT the Agricultural Land Commission be advised that the Board of Directors supports the use of a statutory covenant registered under Section 219 of the Land Title Act in order to require that:
- use of the dwelling unit is restricted to farm labour only
- use of this accessory building for human habitation be fully inspect by RDOS building in inspector and the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP)
- use the dwelling unit be decommissioned once an on-going need for farm labour no longer exists.
Owner: Gurdev & Nirmaljeet Bahniwal
2. Denied by Area Planning Commission – land in question should be used for farm use and soil should not have been removed from the property. Matter will be returned to the RDOS
RDOS Staff recommendation had been : THAT the Board of Directors “authorize” the application to undertake a “non-farm” use at 7910 Highway 97 (Lot 15, Plan KAP5631B, District Lot 2450S, SDYD, Portion Plan 1729, Except Plan 14334) in Electoral Area “C” to proceed to the Agricultural Land Commission.
Purpose: To undertake an outdoor storage use within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR). The land had been zoned commercial for many years with a small business located there but with farming at rear. Former site called Wilcox Corner, Curt’s Auto and many other businesses in 70 years.
Owner: Avro Oil Limited/Terry Feeny
3. Approved: Request from owner for a change in use of land, rezoning amendment from Small Holdings to AG1 allowing for a small winery on about 2 hectares of land at 793 Secrest Hill Road. This is the old Barbara Beldam house and horse location that will be expanded in size to conform to requirements by a boundary adjustment.
Owner: Naomi Garrish