Total number of deaths in IH has risen to 40.
o 1 additional death at Heritage Square in Vernon.
o 1 additional death at McKinney Place in Oliver.
The following is attributable to Susan Brown, president and CEO, Interior Health:
“We are sad to report that over the weekend we had two more COVID-related deaths connected to long-term care. Unfortunately this brings the total number of people who have succumb to COVID-19 to 40 and our condolences go to their loved ones and caregivers. We continue to see COVID-19 in communities all across Interior Health and everyone needs to remain vigilant in following precautions to minimize the spread of this virus.”
Update on outbreaks:
· Sunnybank long-term care in Oliver has 22 cases: 16 residents and six staff.
· Creekside Landing long-term care in Vernon has 15 cases: 10 residents and five staff
· Williams Lake Seniors Village has two cases: one resident and one staff.
· Noric House long-term care in Vernon has 32 cases: 24 residents and eight staff
· Heritage Square long-term care in Vernon has 42 cases: 32 residents and 10 staff, with five deaths connected to this outbreak.
· Heritage Retirement Residence in West Kelowna has 42 cases: 37 residents and five staff, with two deaths connected to this outbreak.
· Teck mining operations remains at 16 IH cases linked to the outbreak.
· McKinney Place long-term care in Oliver has 77 cases: 54 residents and 23 staff, with 15 deaths connected to this outbreak.
· Village by the Station long-term care in Penticton has nine cases: five residents and four staff, with one death connected to this outbreak.
· Mountainview Village long-term care in Kelowna has 16 cases: eight residents and eight staff, with two deaths connected to this outbreak.
“Today, we are reporting on three periods. From Jan. 8 to 9, we had 538 new cases. From Jan. 9 to 10, we had 507 new cases and in the last 24 hours, we had a further 430 new cases.
“This results in a total of 1,475 new cases of COVID-19 over the three-day period, for a total of 58,107 cases in British Columbia.
“There are 5,220 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. There are 358 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 72 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
“Currently, 7,313 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and a further 50,541 people who tested positive have recovered.
“Since we last reported, we have had 287 new cases of COVID-19 in the Vancouver Coastal Health region, 736 new cases in the Fraser Health region, 59 in the Island Health region, 217 in the Interior Health region, 173 in the Northern Health region and three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
“To date, 59,902 people have received a COVID-19 vaccine in British Columbia. Our focus is to ensure we safely deliver the vaccines as quickly as possible to communities across the province, using all available supply.
“There have been 22 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,010 deaths in British Columbia. We offer our condolences to everyone who has lost their loved ones during the pandemic.
“We have had six new health-care facility outbreaks at long-term care facilities Guildford Seniors Village, Suncreek Village, KinVillage West Court, Hart House and independent-living residence Avalon Gardens. The outbreaks at Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Lakeshore Care Centre, and Baillie House are over.
“There has been a new community outbreak in the community of Canim Lake. The outbreak at LNG Canada diversified transportation in Kitimat is over.