· The ministry is improving safety at the Vaseaux Lake curve on Highway 97.
· We’re upgrading the existing curve warning signs to the newest standards, with enhanced colour and reflectivity.
· Other work: Install additional curve warning signs to further highlight the presence of the curves to drivers.
· Upgrade existing northbound and southbound overhead warning signs to the newest standard, with enhanced colour and reflectivity.
· Install two Vehicle Activated Traffic Calming (VATC) signs northbound and southbound. Signs are activated by vehicle speed to alert the driver of the curve. Signs will show a curve symbol and the words “SLOW DOWN”
Completion: Mid August
Thanks to the office of John Slater MLA for these details