1. Approved 2012 payment of $3500 to the Oliver Community Arts Council which allows this organization to get matching grants from the provincial government. The next application will be reviewed at the time of the disucssions for the 2013 budget.
2. Two new appointments to the Board: Tom Fortune replacing Ron Hovanes as Town of Oliver director and Bill Eggert replacing Allan Patton as Area C representative. The appointments effective at the next meeting in June. The composition of the Board is now 3 from Area C and three reps from the Town of Oliver including one councillor along with a rep from the OIB and one rep from the School District.
3. A delegation of two staff members of the provincial government appeared as a delegation speaking to the issue of a license of occupation for the hike and bike trail. Shaun Reimer from the Lands and Forest Ministry stated that a simple agreement could be hammered out with the Regional District in a couple of weeks and everyone at the meeting looked forward to that day when the Park Board could provide minimal maintenance on the paved trail.
4. A second delegation had Maurizio Basso from SOSS make a verbal plea for a $500 grant in aid for the senior boy’s basketball team for tournament expenses. The school had previously been informed that no grant was agreed to and the delegation allowed for an open discussion of the policies that govern the Park Society Board on grants in aid.
5. Progress is reported on the Kiwanis Band Shell – pictured above today.