Monday November 20 2017
Highlights of meeting:
1. Facility Condition Assessment will be done Oliver’s ice arena at a cost of less than $14 thousand by Stephenson Engineering of Calgary. The OPRS board will hear details in a final report December 18th.
2. Off leash dog area at Lion’s Park – fencing and signage cost: under $23 thousand. Pet waste containers, pet bag stations and temporary seating also place in the off leash area of the park.
3. Community Park toddler playground – work tendered and contract granted to Suttle Recreation – parts ordered for deliver in 2017 but work to be done in March – which includes fencing, pour in place rubber play surface* (see it right). Cost less than $108 thousand.
4. Pickle Ball and Tennis courts – the board will review at a future meeting proposals to add four outdoor pickle ball courts and the resurfacing of the existing tennis courts. Staff will also investigate how water (sprinklers) can damage the surface of courts and how to best eliminate this problem.
5. More improvements to the parking lot at the Community Centre are planned for 2018 – some paving and speed bump work completed in the fall of this year.
6. The Lions Club – Purina Dog walk will change to the annual “Woof Fest” in May of 2018. Based on a suggestion of making the event more exciting and attractive/engaging to the public.
7. Scareview not held on Halloween night but on the Saturday before. Declared a great success. 400 candy bags distributed that evening at the Community Hall.
8. Fireworks at 7:30 pm Friday as part of Oliver’s Christmas Light Up