Terms of Service:
Publisher has the exclusive discretion of what is published on ODN
1. Use only one email address for self publication of comments, classified ads or event notices
2. Do not post links to your website or any other website
3. The publication by a reader of comments, classified ads or event notices is permitted but is subject to review by Publisher
4. You will be notified about Terms of Service prior to be any action of Publisher
5. ODN is a business – it encourages maximum participation in its features but anything posted here can be and will taken down that attempts to “slag” anyone. Fair comment is fair comment. Criticism if fair is published but be careful on what you believe is your right to freedom of speech.
6. Use full name when inserting anything into. You may use a first name (if your last name is in the e-mail address given)
oliverDailynews is published by:
Jack Bennest Box 686 Oliver BC V0H 1T0
Graphics Licensed Product “Art Explosion” by Nova Development Corporation (818.591.9600). The content of the website should not and can not be used by a third party legally and any such use can result in court action by the owner of such rights.
ODN also uses Dreamstime Stock Photos – under license
(Town of Oliver Business License # 2012304)
(Business Member – SO Chamber of Commerce)
(Business Member – Oliver Community Arts Council)
(Business Member – Oliver Tourism Association)
For your advertising needs ~ contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Info and Questions answered
Button ad placed on front page of ODN – best value at less than $2 a day (based on annual contract) connecting your website/.pdf page to our readers. You supply graphics for button/website/.pdf (we are not a graphics company
Poster ad on front page of ODN three times in two weeks. You supply info or graphics (we are not a graphics company)
Banner ad – see below
See rate chart
Questions ??? most asked:
1. We don’t have a website? A 200 x 200 pixel button can be created linking to your message that is placed on ODN so that it appears like you have a web presence. See rate chart at bottom of this page.
2. Can I have my button placed where I want it? No – your button is on a wheel and each day a new sponsor is at the top of the wheel
3. How do I find my Poster ad. Your ad is placed at the top of the front page on date of publication but other pictures, stories and poster ads are constantly generated. Regular viewers look all over the website looking for pictures, classified and news stories. They do see your poster ads.
4. Why is it so inexpensive? – All our rates are substantially lower than other media. Our ads are in colour and may stay on the news blog for months. We can’t sell at the newstand, we don’t charge for classified and event advertising in our “Special Page” section (black strip at top of website)
5. Why does the customer have to supply the graphics? Our job is to build readership by increasing the amount and quality of news and information content. Graphics work is highly skilled, expensive and takes special training. Our low rates do not cover the cost of graphics. We simply are not a graphics company. We urge you to seek a highly skilled graphic artist. Contact us and we will refer you.
Rates effective January 1, 2013
Button ads – $200 – for 3 month contract designed with businesses and organizations in mind that have websites for promotion Button ads – $350 – for 6 month contract Button ads – $600 – for 12 month contract
Poster ads -
Twice in a two week period $75
Three times in two week period $100
Four times in a month $125
Six times in a month $175
Banner ads – $100 for two days in a row – minimum charge – no change in graphics. Ask Publisher for full details. Must be of a corporate nature. Prices subject to change based on demand and limited space.
Please note – graphics for posters, buttons etc are the responsibility of the advertiser. ODN is not a graphics company.
Accommodation Guide – $60 annual fee
Large Item Classified Ad $60 listed six months (vehicles, motorhomes, boats etc.) valued at over $999.00 – ask Publisher for details of how your ad is constructed with picture etc.