Close to 500 residents came to learn about the new Automated Cart Program at the Open House held on February 3 at Oliver Elementary School.
Residents were able to meet with staff to learn more about the cart program. They were also able to see and feel the waste, recycling, and yard waste carts first hand to determine if the base program meets their individual needs. If residents wish to change the size of the base cart program a change out request form must be provided to the Town no later than February 16.
Carts are available for viewing at Town Hall, Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
While residents can opt out of the yard waste cart, the garbage and recycle carts must be accepted and will be delivered to residents sometime in June.
• households choosing the base cart program will see no additional user fees charged in 2018
• Starting in 2019 (to 2024) an additional $5.00 per year will be charged to residents for this new program
• households choosing to increase the size of their waste or yard waste carts will see an additional fee relating to tipping costs at the local landfill
• households can upgrade to large recycle carts at no additional fee
• using black garbage bags in the waste cart is not necessary (small garbage bags like “kitchen catchers” can be used to dispose of household garbage)
• recycle materials are to be placed in the cart loosely with no blue plastic recycle bag
• brown kraft bags are not to be used in the yard waste carts